Monday, May 2, 2011

Vintage Finds and Another Sneak Peek

Over the weekend we checked out a couple furniture stores that carry all the coolest mid-century modern stuff. I just love the look and feel of that era of furniture. Sleek clean lines paired with functionality just tickles my fancy. There's a really awesome store in Magnolia called The House that we stopped by and they had sooooo much stuff I wanted! There was a Broyhill Brasilia table that I had my eyeball on so I am hoping it's still there by the time we move into the house. It was a really great price and had 2 leaves. Anyway, we found a couple fun things that we purchased. First, we have this cute in/out tray in a great orange color. I just really liked it and I think it will go really well with the color scheme I have in mind for the kitchen. I think it will be a great place to store and sort mail.
The other fun piece we found is a vintage handmade clock. It's missing the clock mechanism so we're going to pick up a new one and I am going to learn how to make a clock! This piece is also going to be painted pink to match my cabinet and the metal rods will be spray painted the awesome chrome color that are on the door pulls.
In between doing laundry and taking Rally to play over at his girlfriend's house, I managed to get a couple coats of black paint on the trim. It's not perfectly even, but I think with a really thin brush I should be able to fix things pretty easily. Things are starting to come together for my cabinet and I'm really excited!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment