Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunshine Filled Weekend

This weekend was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining brightly and the skies were boasting a beautiful blue with puffy pillows for clouds. On Friday after Glenn got home from work we took Rally out to the deck and took a nice long nap in the sunshine. It felt so good soaking up all those delicious Vitamin D filled rays of sun. It was also nice to get a little color. I've been wondering if I might end up looking like a sparkly vampire if I didn't spend more time in the sun! We spent the rest of the night inside and watched Fast and Furious (the fourth one) to prepare for the awesomeness of Fast Five the next morning.

Saturday morning we drove out to Gig Harbor to watch Fast Five in DBox seats. If you weren't already familiar with DBox, they are basically seats that have a motion code programmed into them to go along with the movie you are watching. If you've ever been on the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios, it's like that. They're a TON of fun and really cool. We saw the last F&F in DBox and had such a blast so we knew we would definitely be doing it again. As far as the movie goes, it was AWESOME! I LOVED every action packed second of it. Plus, I am definitely not going to object to a movie with Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, and the Rock. It's definitely a movie to kick off summer the right way.

Since we were in Gig Harbor for the movie, we made our way over to our future 'Hood in Tacoma. We drove by our soon-to-be house (fingers still crossed!) and I giggled as we drove by the house down the street with all the crazy decorations. We're starting to get really excited. I've even began a countdown using the snowflake decorations from Christmas that I never took down. Our inspection is tomorrow (Tuesday) and we are really excited to get back in the house. It feels like it's been forever and we're starting to forget what it looks like inside!

I finally got to spray painting my hardware yesterday. We spent the late sunny afternoon out in the sun again. This time Glenn showed me how to spray paint. I was too scared to just attempt it on my own, so I made Glenn show me how to do it. I'm such a wuss!
We started by spraying the door handles and the diamond panel insets with glossy black. I just loved the way the diamonds looked with the black. I knew it would look perfect against the fabric I chose.
As far as the door pulls go, I've been waffling on that one. I thought that I would try and match the 50's hardware that we picked up at Sanford & Sons.
After one coat of the "chrome" spray paint I knew it wasn't going to match but I was really liking the look. It has a soft shine to it, almost like brushed nickel. The pulls look fantastic against the bright pink so I decided to spray the remaining handles later in the week.
Finally I got to pulling the fabric off of the door panels. They were attached with glue.
After a dusty mess I scraped off the remaining fabric with my putty knife. I am getting super excited about the way my piece is turning out. When it is all done it will be 100% Bri, and that's exactly what I want it to be.

With all the time we spent outside waiting for paint to dry and enjoying the sun, we thought that Rally would get to see his girlfriend for sure. He did! They are just so stinkin' cute together. They really do love each other. They don't act the same way around other dogs. Rally and Mika played together for quite a while before Rally started to get tired. It seems like just yesterday he had boundless energy. Meanwhile, Mika was still all sorts of ready to play. She's only 1, so she's always ready for fun. Rally is nearing his 4th birthday this June! I can't believe it. We've had him for a little over 3 years now. He's such a good boy :o)

We ended up getting a little more color yesterday as well, maybe a little more than we intended. Oh well! We're certainly looking forward to this week and are very excited for Tuesday to get here so we can hopefully get the final green light on the house! After that I am going to start packing things and before we know it, we'll be moving!

I hope everyone is doing well! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment