Follow by Email: Receive email updates whenever we post something new!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Bed Linens

I've grown tired of just having bed sheets as the primary decoration in the apartment. Glenn and I finally went shopping for a comforter and some nice sheets, and what better time to shop then when Macy's and Nordstrom's were having competing sales?

We checked out Nordstrom's first, but there selection was a bit too high class for us :o) I'm not really cool with spending a couple hundred bucks on a duvet cover. That of course means you have to buy a comforter to put that duvet cover on first. Spending a few hundred bucks on bed linens was just not very high on my list of priorities.

Next, we made our way to Macy's and found a much better selection. Not only was the selection nearly 10 times that of Nordstrom's, but it was considerably cheaper too! I had my eye on a teal and lime green reversible set, but Glenn found a just as appealing set for half the price. Less than $40 was a killer deal. After we purchased the set, I was determined to find a complementary sheet set that added a nice contrast. We found these great organic cotton sheets at Target. They are so nice! I just love them. They have a sateen finish and they are delightfully soft. I definitely think that they were a good buy.

Now all I have to do is convince Glenn that having pillows that are used solely for decoration is really a good idea. Our bed set came with two standard shams and two European shams as well. I don't think I will be convincing him of that anytime soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment