Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Bed Linens

I've grown tired of just having bed sheets as the primary decoration in the apartment. Glenn and I finally went shopping for a comforter and some nice sheets, and what better time to shop then when Macy's and Nordstrom's were having competing sales?

We checked out Nordstrom's first, but there selection was a bit too high class for us :o) I'm not really cool with spending a couple hundred bucks on a duvet cover. That of course means you have to buy a comforter to put that duvet cover on first. Spending a few hundred bucks on bed linens was just not very high on my list of priorities.

Next, we made our way to Macy's and found a much better selection. Not only was the selection nearly 10 times that of Nordstrom's, but it was considerably cheaper too! I had my eye on a teal and lime green reversible set, but Glenn found a just as appealing set for half the price. Less than $40 was a killer deal. After we purchased the set, I was determined to find a complementary sheet set that added a nice contrast. We found these great organic cotton sheets at Target. They are so nice! I just love them. They have a sateen finish and they are delightfully soft. I definitely think that they were a good buy.

Now all I have to do is convince Glenn that having pillows that are used solely for decoration is really a good idea. Our bed set came with two standard shams and two European shams as well. I don't think I will be convincing him of that anytime soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment