Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things Are Starting to Come Together

Our tiny little studio is starting to feel more and more like home everyday. It all started out with a bed from IKEA. After a while we kind of started to get tired of eating on the bed for every meal and pretty much laying on the bed anytime we wanted to sit anywhere that wasn't the ground. Needless to say, I have been searching for a couch for quite sometime. I've mostly been looking at Craigslist because that is the most budget conscious choice for right now, but nothing really struck my fancy. I did find a coffee table and two side tables for just $15! Pretty sweet deal. Finally, we decided to stop at Mor Furniture, and what do you know, we find a pretty couch that we both like for $200. Even if we end up hating it, it's wicked cheap. I don't hate it though, I really like it.
As you can see, it's a pretty pale icy blue color. It looks pretty much like what the sky looks like on a typical hazy day in Seattle. The color is actually called Hydra. Corny, right? It's armless because it is actually part of a sectional, hence the deep discount, but it works really well for us. For one things, arms take up extra space and we don't have a lot of that to go around. Also, it's just not as flexible with arms, so we are really happy with our choice. I'll be honest though, my first choice was a a dark gray couch from Dania with a similar tufted/quilted styling to it and very boxy. My first choice was also $600 and that wasn't going to fly right now. Oh well. I really like my new blue couch. Plus, if I can ever get my bright green rug up here, it will look fantastic next to that pale blue color.
So now the apartment has a bed, a couch, a coffee table, and a couple end tables. Can you guess what else is missing? If you said a dining room table, you are dead wrong my friend. A TV is much more important when you are struggling to find things to do after relentless job searching and reading for hours on end. Coloring in your Cars coloring book can only last you so long. We had been planning on getting a new TV for quite some time and we were mostly just waiting for the 3D TV's to come out so the price on the one we've had our eye on would go down. Well, what do you know, Sony is apparently discontinuing that model, so good luck finding it! We went into the Sony Store one weekend and drooled at all the pretty TV's and then I wandered into the video game area, like I always do, hoping they would have Gran Turismo set up. They did not. They did, however, have the 3D TV set up with some space game. I put the nifty little glasses on, blew some stuff up and squealed with excitement. After a few minutes of Glenn talking to the sales dude about the TV and the killer, and I mean killer, promotion they had going on, we talked it over for a bit. I loved the TV, the price was good, the promotion was awesome, and we would be getting the newest technology. We went for it.
What was the promotion you ask? Well, let me tell you. We got a 5.1 Sony surround system, a 3D BluRay player, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D, some IMAX 3D movie, 4 PS3 games, and all the 3D peripherals for FREE. See what I mean? That is a killer promotion!
Anyway, I am absolutely loving our beautiful new TV and I cannot wait to really play with the 3D features. I am also really loving the fact that our apartment is starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment