Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Sneak Peek... And Some News

I thought that I would share a little sneak peek on the progress I've been making on my cabinet. So far it has been sanded down to bare wood, given 2 coats of primer, and 3 coats of paint. I've got a little more touching up to do with the pink paint on the larger surfaces but all the smaller parts and details, like in the picture, are pretty much done. After I am all done painting, everything will get a nice glossy coat of polyurethane to give it some durability and mega shine. As far as the rest of the piece goes, hardware will need to be updated by either a glossy black or a shiny chrome... I am still undecided on that. Then I've got to assemble the fabric panels in the door frames and that should be it! PHEW! It seems like I still have a looooong way to go, but it's not too bad. It's been so much fun for me to transform this piece into something I absolutely adore. I have a perfect place for it in our new house.

Yes, I did say our new house! :o) The past couple of days have been completely frustrating and exciting all at the same time. On Tuesday we received the acceptance letter from the bank agreeing to the purchase price. However the seller's were not released from their debt. In a short sale the debt of the seller is forgiven, unlike in a foreclosure where the bank still collects money from the previous owner even though they no longer have possession of the house. That left us in a very frustrating place. Glenn and I did a lot of stressing out and talking over lunch that day. We had a lot to worry about because we only have about 6 weeks left in our lease at the apartment. That left us with very few options, none of which sounded appealing.

We called our realtor and he basically explained that we didn't really have anything to worry about, but we were looking at up to another two weeks for the bank to give another acceptance letter forgiving the debt of the seller. We expressed our concerns about needing to close on the house fairly soon and about the seller finishing the bathroom like promised. In case you were wondering, if the bathroom was not finished at the time of inspection, we would have to use a different type of loan to finance the house. That isn't really an option.

That brings us to yesterday. I got a call in the morning from Glenn telling me that we got the house! Not only did we get the house, but we would be closing on May 12. That's just two weeks! The inspection is being scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday next week and the appraisal will be done at the same time. We are definitely excited. It's still sinking in at this point and we have A LOT to get done in the short time we have before closing. The reason for closing being so soon is that the house is set to foreclose on May 13 and this time there will be no extensions given. Now we just need to get through the inspection with good results and we are pretty much good to go!

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment