Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Finally Made Dinner!

I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows me and Glenn knows that I do not cook dinner. Ever. Not unless it's in a box. However, for some reason I was absolutely determined to try my hand at homemade gnocchi. I absolutely love the stuff and I know that there is nothing that can beat it when it is freshly made. We bought a bag of potatoes and they sat in the cupboard for a while. I got a little bored one afternoon and Glenn suggested that I make the gnocchi, and I did.

It's a pretty easy recipe consisting of boiling potatoes, mashing them up, combining them with flour and egg, and finally rolling the little pieces out. It was very time consuming but I enjoyed most of it. When I was all done, I felt like I did a pretty good job. I put them aside until we were ready to use them and when the time came I boiled some water, threw the gnocchi in, and then waited for them to tell me they were done by popping up to the surface of the water. Glenn made some sauce and we were good to go.

The final verdict was that I made a solid effort. The taste was not too bad but the texture could use some help. Thankfully they weren't too heavy or too mushy. I think I may try again in the future and hopefully one day I will make killer gnocchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment