Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Is What I Drink 2 Times a Day!

A couple weeks into our trip my allergies became really severe. I figure it was probably just because of all the different types of pollen that my body just isn't used to back in Arizona. There are a lot of plants here. Basically, it got so bad that I couldn't breathe through my nose at all. We tried all the over the counter remedies including 24 hour Claritin and Severe Allergy Benadryl but those didn't help very much. I even got some nasal spray for severe congestion symptoms but that only gave temporary relief and I had to stop using it after 3 days because the box says so. Basically, when I wasn't using the nasal spray, I couldn't sleep. Finally Glenn decided to look up some natural remedies and he found a local Chinese Medicine Practictioner with reasonable prices and an opening on Monday afternoon.

The practitioner was very nice and helpful. She asked me about all my symptoms and when they started, she checked my pulse on both wrists and then she asked to see my tongue. Weird. After that she started scribbling down a bunch of Chinese Herbs along with numbers next to them. It was pretty cool watching her figure it all out like a chemical formula. Once she was satisfied with that she started mixing together all the herbs which are freeze dried and ground up. I took my little jar of stuff home and heated up some water to dissolve the stuff in. I mix in about 2 teaspoons of this crap into water until it dissolves. Then I toss it back as quickly as possible. It is some seriously nasty stuff that I would never wish upon anyone. It looks like sludge and tastes about the same. Now, two weeks later I am feeling great and not having any trouble breathing so I think it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment