Monday, April 4, 2011

So This Is What Spring Looks Like!

Having lived in Arizona all my life with the exception of the last 10 months, I have never truly experienced seasons. Seasons to me have always been a blazing hot extended summer followed by a mild cool down for winter (otherwise known as not summer anymore.) Here in Washington, things are DRASTICALLY different.
Summer here was absolutely wonderful with warm days and cool nights and a handful of hot days that reminded me of AZ. Then fall came with it's cool days and much cooler nights. Leaves were changing and the jewel toned colors of the season were abundant. Fall was nature's way of telling me to start wearing pants instead of shorts and to quit wearing flip flops. I still wore flip flops. Winter brought us some verrrry chilly days with some downright freezing nights. We even got a few days of snow! I really enjoyed winter, as I just love to bundle up.
Now we are experiencing a stunningly beautiful spring. We finally seem to be getting the rain that everyone seems to thing is never ending here. I really should quit wearing flip flops until the rains let up, but I can't help it. Like I said to Glenn the other day, "You can take the girl out of Arizona, but you can't take the Arizona out of the girl." I live in flip flops and probably always will. I even wore them out in the snow sometimes!
I am really enjoying Spring here, it's absolutely beautiful. I have been utterly captivated watching everything bloom and seeing once lifeless plants burst with renewed life and color. What makes this especially fun for me is that our deck is wonderfully landscaped with lots of dimension and color. I got to watch the leaves change color, the trees collect snow on empty branches, and now blossom with color once again.

I just wanted to share some photos that I took on the deck of things that I find particularly beautiful at the moment.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment