Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's My Turn Now

I figured it was about time that I got back on this blogging thing and let everyone know what's going on in my head. It's still kind of hard to believe that just two weeks ago we were back in Phoenix, and now we are actually living in Seattle. Everything is still a little bit surreal to me, but little by little, I am starting to feel like I am settling and things are returning back to normal.

On Monday I decided to go out and explore the city while Glenn was at work. I did so much walking! I looked at google maps to approximate the distance I walked, and I would ballpark it around 5 miles! That's nuts! Basically I left the apartment and headed South into downtown where I checked out the Macy's and Nordstrom's (I was looking for MAC makeup), then I made my way to Ross and Nordstrom Rack (looking for some cute pajama pants) and then I went even further South and checked out the Gold's Gym. The GM there was really nice and I liked the gym itself, so we went ahead and transferred our membership there. Our first workout was yesterday, and I am SO SORE! After all of that walking it was about time for Glenn to get off work, so I met up with him and we walked home.

Tuesday was less eventful for me, I basically just did some laundry, more job searching (more on that later), and then I ran over to a pet store to get Rally some treats as a late birthday present. He turned 3 on the 14th. This time Glenn met up with me and we walked over to the gym so he could check it out before we made our decision and then we came home. We also decided to start watching LOST now that is finally over. I totally get what all the fuss is about! It's a really good show, and I am only 4 episodes in!

Yesterday was another quiet day for me, nothing new in the job search department. I mostly just played with the dog. As far as the job search goes for me, let me fill you in on what I have found. I am mostly looking for a job as an Administrative Assistant, pretty much the same as what I was doing before. I've found about 8 prospects so far, all of them in a pretty decent pay range. My favorite one though is for a private high school called Waldorf. The job is almost identical to what I was doing before, and honestly, they would be crazy not to hire me. I would get to work the same awesome school year schedule as I did before, but adjusted to the Seattle school system. The best part is that it is right across from the Seattle Center, which is right by our apartment! It would be so awesome if I could walk to work! We'll see though. Right after I applied I got an email from the director at the school that said they were reviewing applications all week and would be selected candidates for phone interviews. If I don't hear from them by Monday, then that would mean I wasn't selected. I guess we will just wait and see!

Today I walked over to Queen Anne and had lunch with Glenn at Kidd Valley (it's a hamburger and shake place) and it was so nice! I loved being able to have lunch with Glenn! He seems to really like his new job and it sounds to me like he is fitting in there wonderfully. We're going to go out and try to find him a man purse today because he needs to wear his jacket in the morning, but it's a little too warm to wear it on the way home. Plus he has his water bottle to carry and whatever other gadgets he likes to carry around.

That basically sums up my week! I hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment