Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Update

Okay, so I've gotten lazy. If you were to ask me what I do all day while Glenn is gone at work, you would wonder how I can manage to not allow some space within a 6 hour time period to update the blog a bit. I know, I know, it's kind of amazing but that's just how I am. Seriously though, I haven't been up to much. It's a lot of the same stuff. I sleep in, take the dog out, eat breakfast, make the bed, read, search for jobs, read some more, eat lunch, read some more, do the dishes, then patiently wait for Glenn to come home. Sometimes I'll throw a workout video somewhere in the mix to keep things lively.

It's been about two and a half weeks since we moved in, so the fact that I don't have a job is frustrating, but I just try to remember that if I were still in AZ, I wouldn't be going back to work until the 19th of July, so technically, I am still on summer break. I'm just tired of feeling like I don't pull my weight. Washing a few dishes and making the bed don't really make up for that gap. Glenn says that I should volunteer somewhere to keep myself busy. It also doesn't hurt that it would look pretty good on a resume. Right now I am just looking around to see if anything looks interesting, so we will have to wait and see!

Aside from that, life is pretty good here in Seattle. Glenn and I are still having fun exploring the city without a hectic timeline, like when we're on vacation. Not too long ago we wandered all over the city and made it out to Pioneer Square, and that's roughly 1.5 miles from the house. We walk A LOT here and we love it! It's really neat to be so self sufficient. If we need groceries, we have our pick of stores or markets to walk to and pick them up. If we want to go shopping, it's like we have an entire outdoor mall within minutes of our house. Movies? There's a handful of theatres around, also within walking distance. It really is nice to be able to use our legs to get us places instead of the car. There's always the added benefits of exercise and not paying for gas!

That's it for now, I will be back tomorrow with some pictures from the trip we took to Olympia a couple Saturdays ago. I hope all is well for everyone, we miss you and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment