Monday, June 21, 2010

Scammers

It seems as though everyone's favorite Nigerian scammers have infested the birthplace of Craigslist. Of the 7 jobs I have applied for, two of them have revealed themselves as scams. It is really annoying! Ugh. Anyway, I figured I would post the two emails for everyone's entertainment. In case you have never actually seen one of these, you'll notice they both follow the same format. Both emails are overly detailed, grammar and spelling are terrible, and they both ask for fairly detailed personal invitation. As a side note, if you ever get something similar when you are trying to sell something on Craigslist, IGNORE IT! These offers always have the same "too good to be true" look, and trust me, they are.

Email #1 (all spelling/grammar errors have been left in for humor):
Our Company Name is Kalibre,We are a Swiss based trade association that deal in the sales and distribution of wrist watches.The primary goal of the Administrative Officer is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.

Your duties will include:
- Collecting Local Payments
When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: paypal, Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments
Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.

Additional Information:
Salary:
During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.

Taxes:
You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company.

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):
1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

In acceptance of this job offer .Please kindly fill your details below and email it to jtxadservice@gmail.com , so that you can get started.

Personal Information

Full Name: ________________
Address: ________________
City: ________________
State/Province: ________________
Postal Code: ________________
Present Occupation (if any): ________________
Age: ________________
Resident Phone Number:________________
Mobile: ________________
Please note that your information is not for public use but for our records.

We request that you email us back to let us know if you can begin your first task on June 21, 2010

Regards.

Head Human Resources Dept
Robert Williams


Email #2 (all spelling/grammar errors have been left in for humor):

I'm Dorothy brentford, originally from Australia, but I have spent a whole lot of my time here in United State. I'm an Architect by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.

*Scheduling programmed, flights and keeping me up to date with them.

*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.

*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

Basic wage is $500 per week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you on impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timing.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in south London Area of the United Kingdom(England)for a project am handling here, however I do have a number of things you could help me to start with if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.reply me back with your contact address as follows if you are intrested in working with me

Your full name
Contact address
State,Zip code
Cell phone #
Age
Present Ocupation

I look forward to hearing back from you soon

Regards.
Dorothy brentford.

No comments:

Post a Comment