Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So just to give the full background of the door+chain story:

The owner had given us one key & one key only and I assumed that, like every house, this key would open the two main doors. It worked fine on the front door & I never tried it on the door in the garage.

So the night before we had to sleep on the floor since we didn't have a mattress yet. We made it till about 1am when I finally gave up, pulled the car into the garage, & we slept in the garage.

The next morning, we got up, got ready, & I guess I triple locked the front door since we were going out through the garage. We went into the garage & I locked the door behind me not thinking anything about it. Pulled the car out & went to Tacoma to meet Sabrina.

After a long day running around Seattle and Tacoma, we got home & I parked the car out front. We tried to go through the front door but we were foiled by the chain. "No big deal" I thought & I went through the garage. That's when I noticed the key I had was completely different than the key I needed. Ugh.

So after repeated tries to both card the garage door & to use a metal wire to unhook the chain, it was time to use force. I went into the basement where our neighbors had conveniently left a hammer.

So as I'm hacking & prying away at the chain, the neighbors (who had been watching us for at least 10 minutes) finally came over.

Neighbors: I don't think they live there anymore.

Me: I know that, we do.

Neighbors: You didn't get a key?

Me: The key works fine, it's the chain I can't get. (I then proceed to tell them the story of how it happened).

Neighbor: Do you need a bolt cutter?

Me: That would be great if you do.

Neighbor: I don't think I do but I'll go look. Good luck.

At this point I'm pissed this guy just offered me something he didn't have & I laid into the chain with the hammer & it resulted in the attached photo.

Rally was happy, so was I.

-Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment