Tuesday, August 16, 2011

CSA Share Week 10

Well I really don't feel like writing today, but I should anyway. I have been having a very bad day. I will explain in another post, but I'm still a bit too upset about it to explain. I will however explain that it is nothing big or important or cause for anyone to worry. I'm just neurotic and really stupid things have the power to ruin my day sometimes.

Back to the CSA. Week 10 didn't really bring us much, but there is a reason for that. The Sunday before Glenn picked up the share the newsletter came in our emails. We were not really pleased with the contents of the share for this week so we decided it would be best to just pick up what we would eat and leave the rest for other people to have. That way we wouldn't be wasting. So that leaves us with this kind of pitiful looking share.

This week we have raspberries, blueberries, eggs, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. All the other stuff that was offered was stuff we didn't like so we just went without. We'll probably just snack on berries, the eggs will get hardboiled, and Glenn will eat the squash and zucchini. I don't know about the tomatoes. We might try and put them in a sauce or something.

Last week's share was really great. The green beans and broccoli were wonderful. I wish we could get those every single week. Those are two of my favorite veggies. The lettuce was great and the berries were delicious. I didn't have any of the carrots, but surprisingly enough, Glenn did and he loved them. In case you weren't aware, Glenn doesn't really like carrots. I'm not sure what happened to the fennel though, I don't see it in the fridge anymore. Oh well.

That's all for this week, but you can expect another post probably later tonight about the share we are picking up today. After I get that posted I have a handful of other things to update everyone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment