Thursday, August 4, 2011

CSA Share Week 9

Ok, well I am a little more ahead of it this week than I was last week, so that is good I suppose. Glenn was kind and thoughtful enough to take the picture of all of our produce while I was gone at work. I love all the thoughtful things he does, even if he thinks they don't mean anything.

This week's haul looks pretty awesome to me. We have the usual unidentified "lettuce" and "greens", along with carrots, summer squash, green beans, broccoli, fennel, raspberries, blueberries, and eggs. Everything looks pretty yummy this week. I'm not really keen on the squash, but I will give it another try. After all, it is a slightly different color than the last squash I tried. The carrots are about 3 times the size of the first batch of carrots we got a few weeks ago. I am really excited for green beans and broccoli. Those are two veggies that I will never get tired of, especially when they are super fresh.

Because last week's share was a little on the small side and we have been super busy over the past week/weekend we haven't really been able to eat much of it. The delicious raspberries have served us well as a quick snack. The eggs have not had their usual hard boiled treatment yet. We had some salad the other night and the lettuce was very delicious and had a great texture but the "greens" I did not like. They tasted too bitter and dirty. I don't understand the fascination some people have with "greens" because I find that most of them just taste downright nasty. The fava beans, shelling peas, squash, and cauliflower have all remained untouched. I really like cauliflower but we are hesitant to cook it because of how gross it smells when you do! Maybe we can try roasting it in the oven and see if that works. I guess we will find out!

That's it for this week's CSA share post. I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. We finally seem to be having one here. We've had practically a whole week of 70's to 80's temperature now! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment