Saturday, August 20, 2011

CSA Share Week 11

Hmmm... It looks to me like I better start writing about some things other than the CSA each week! The blog isn't just about what we eat (or don't) every week. Oh well. We've been keeping pretty busy with lots of projects.

Week 11 brought us quite a colorful share! This week we received eggs (3 extra!) plums, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow cauliflower, the tiniest head of lettuce I have ever seen, summer squash, green beans, and potatoes (we ate them before I took their picture). I think that we will be able to use up everything in this week's share, it looks pretty good!

As I mentioned in the post about last week's share, it was pretty pitiful. Since it was so small there wasn't much to be done with it. We have been snacking on the berries, which are always yummy and the eggs have all been hardboiled. I still can't get over how good these eggs taste when made into egg salad. The zucchini and squash haven't been touched by me, and they won't, but we might be giving our squash to the neighbors. Apparently their chickens destroy their squash plants. It seems to be their favorites. The tomatoes have gone unused as well because we just haven't had any dinners with red sauce this week. Oh well. Who knows though, Glenn may be eating them plain (gross!) for all I know.

There you have it. I hope that everyone finds themselves doing well and enjoying life just like we are. Summer seems to finally have come around here. We've been seeing a handful of days around 70-80 degrees and I honestly cannot remember the last time it rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment