Monday, August 1, 2011

CSA Share Week 8

Well this is going to be short post because I don't feel like writing it. Also, I don't really have much to say.

This week's share contains lettuce, greens, eggs (even though I forgot to put them in the picture), raspberries, cauliflower, squash, fava beans, and shelling peas. The lettuce and greens look a little sad in the picture because I didn't get a chance to take a photo until tonight. We have been pretty busy.

Last week our share was pretty good. I actually ate a little bit of everything! Since I don't typically like squash, Glenn decided to try a different way of preparing it and he threw it on the grill. It tasted pretty good, but I really don't seem to like the texture of squash so I ate a few bites and gave the rest to Glenn. We haven't done anything yet with the cauliflower so maybe we will combine it with this week's and do something with them. The fava beans were interesting. Neither of us have had them before so I had no idea how to cook them. I did a quick Google search and decided to saute them with some olive oil and salt and pepper (after we removed the beans from the pods of course). They were very large beans similar in appearance to lima beans but they taste much better. I actually liked them very much so I am looking forward to cooking them again this week. The cherries and raspberries were very good. I ate a carton of raspberries and put the second two cartons in a batch of muffins. The eggs all got hard boiled as usual and were either eaten whole or in egg salad. The lettuce and chard were both good but the chard got a little wilty and bland.

Obviously I am very late on this post, as well as last week's so hopefully I can get on track again soon. We have had a lot going on around here and this Friday we will have even more going on! I will report back soon. Stay tuned for a few posts on some interesting changes around the house. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment