Sunday, August 7, 2011

Some More Curb Appeal

According to HGTV, it's all about the curb appeal. It's been a little over two months since we have lived in our wonderful home and we want it to look like people actually live here, you know?
Our first step was buying these adorable green Adirondack chairs from Lowe's. They're plastic and not wood because people ask like $100+ for wood ones! Crazy! Anyway, that wasn't going to fly and the chairs at Lowe's were not only very comfy but they are recyclable and cheap. If I remember correctly they are $17. After enjoying a couple lazy afternoons soaking up the sun in them we (well I) decided that there needed to be a cute little table in between them. You know, for setting drinks on and having potted plants on!
On one of our three trips to IKEA for our pantry we picked up a cute metal and wood table that fits perfectly in between them. I think that is also when I picked up all the pink pots that sit on top of it. It looked like we were pretty set.

Obviously we still have a long way to go because the entire other side of our deck/patio/porch/whatever you want to call it is barren. However I have really enjoyed container gardening lately and have had pretty decent success since moving in. The plant that I have faithfully carried with me that I received as a gift from the Sunnyslope Parent Club is absolutely flourishing in the house. It sits in the kitchen and doesn't really seem to get a lot of light, but I am pretty sure it has grown at least a few inches and sprouted a ton of new leaves. I get really excited when a new leaf pops out. Anyway, I wanted some more greenery out front, as if everything outside isn't green already.
When we went to the Olympia Farmer's Market a couple weekends ago I picked up a lovely hanging basket packed full of fuschia. I think there are like 3 or 4 different kinds of it on there. It really is a pretty little thing. We're still getting used to each other and I am still learning its wants and needs but it seems to be doing well in its happy little spot on the porch. Now I want more!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment