Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beauty Is In the Eye of the Beholder

Wow, I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't done this post yet! Back in April, yes two months ago, I purchased a funky little record/radio cabinet from the Goodwill in Ballard. I was pretty bored around the house and Glenn thought I could use something to occupy me during the day that did not involve HGTV. We figured that refurbishing this cute little cabinet would occupy my time for a while. It certainly did.
First I started by taking it apart.
Then I sanded it to death.
Next was a couple coats of tinted primer. I think maybe the guy forgot to tint it, because it looked awfully white to me. Oh well!
After that I FINALLY got to the fun part. I painted on 3 or 4 thin coats of a beautiful pink by Valspar called Very Berry.
The next step was to spray paint my hardware to coordinate a little better.
Then I had to attach new fabric to the speaker panels.
I lined the interior of the cabinet with a fabric that I just adored using my favorite goop, Mod Podge.

\Last but not least, I reassembled that sucker and marveled in all its beauty!
As soon as my craft room is finished being painted I will have some new pictures of my cabinet in its new home!

This was my very first furniture rehab/painting project and I am very pleased with the results. I can see many more projects like this in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment