Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Mini Project

Whenever we go to IKEA we always like to stop in the As-Is section to see if there are any good deals to be had. We usually don't find anything but this time I found three ceramic vases. They were pretty scuffed up and had adhesive gunk all over them, but they were only a dollar apiece so I grabbed them anyway. I thought they would look cute in my room when I was done with them.

Today I finally decided I was going to spray paint them. I used nail polish remover on them and I was able to get all the scuffs and all of the adhesive gunk off of them. Who knew nail polish remover could do so many things?!

I took them out front with my tarp and a cinder block and I sprayed away. I did one black, one white, and one in silver glitter. The previous owners of our house left a bunch of spray paint, a lot of them bottles completely unused so I was able to use the white and the glitter one. Yay!
I think they turned out pretty cute and they look nice on my table. I'd like to find some really cute fake flowers to put in them. Probably just one stem a vase. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment