Monday, June 6, 2011

A Newer House Tour


Now that we are finally settled, or at least as settled as we can be at this point, I decided to go through the house with the camera again. This time I got a little more detailed so those of you who aren't able to see the house in person (yet) will be able to get a pretty good idea of our home! You'll have to forgive all of the clutter and all around mess. Everything is pretty much a constant work in progress, but we are loving every minute of it!

As far as progress made goes it has really only been cleaning projects that I have been working on. All I have left to give a deep clean to is the guest bedroom, the craft room (when I finish painting), the bathroom upstairs, and the basement. That shouldn't be too bad aside from the basement.
I also managed to pull out about 20 different nails. screws, and anchors in my craft room. I patched all those holes up with spackle. As you can see by the picture, there was a lot of patching up to do. That's only one section!
Then i used this spray texture that comes in a can called orange peel to make it look as seamless as possible.
That stuff is really cool and fun to use! It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but you can kind of see where all the white sprayed on texture is.
My craft room is now all patched up and all taped up so it is ready to be painted tomorrow. YAY! I love painting, so I am really excited. Then I could put my couch together. I'll post again once my craft room starts looking more like a real room and less like a storage room.

If you would like to see a non-slideshow version of all the pictures, you can see the album here:
House Tour 6-6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment